Certifications help in getting the basic understanding of the subject. However with experience, we know, they are not alternate of real-world experience. Real world challenges are way different than any HelloWorld kind of examples. Everything seems to works in such example but in practice, Agile turns out to be mini-waterfall for many teams. Ever wondered why and what’s missing?
This workshop moves a little ahead and focuses on ‘why’, ‘what’ and ‘how’ of everything and goes to roots and foundation of Agile. The result is an in-depth understanding of the Agile world and helps you better prepare in taking the real-world challenges.
Why should you care?
- Everyone has one or another Agile certification anyways. So what happens to be the differentiator in a job interview? It’s your learning and on-the-job experience. The workshop focuses on the learning aspect.
- Are you content with knowing 3 roles, 4 ceremonies, 3 artifacts OR want to know the Agile foundation and want to know how to handle real world challenges where Agile doesn’t seem to work.
- Are you frustrated with HelloWorld kind of examples and are interested more to know real world examples and challenges
- Want to understand ‘Doing the RIGHT thing’ aspect as well OR are content with doing the THING right and efficiently.
- Do you feel limited with 12 pages of Scrum Guide and would like to explore unlimited options provided with well researched and tested rich Scrum Patterns
- How to use Lean Startup techniques in Agile world
- DevOps and beyond DevOps
- Kanban and Theory of Constraints (TOC)
- 100% hands-on and practical workshop
Take Aways from the Workshop
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- What really is the challenge – Doing the right thing OR doing the thing right?
- Know the relevance of the role of innovation for existing and new products and how to do it effectively.
- Know Scrum well and to the core. How to overcome the real-world Scrum challenges?
- Understand if Agile in itself is sufficient to overcome business challenges?
- Introducing local efficiency vs holistic efficiency. Where do we start and how?
- Extending Agile with Lean Startup thinking
- Agile at Scale
TOPICS & PROGRAM
Module 1: Crystallizing the need for change
- Doing it Right Vs. Doing the Right Thing
Module 2: Embracing the Agile and Lean values
- Manifesto, principles and the house of lean
Module 3: The Agility Roadmap
- Value stream mapping
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks
- Managing flow
Module 4: Understanding the Root of Scrum
- One piece flow
- The Toyota Way
Module 5: How Scrum Works
- Roles, ceremonies, artefacts
- Scrum Patterns
Module 6: Introducing DevOps
- The 3 ways
- Theory of Constraints
Module 7: Extending Agile with Lean Startup Thinking
- Doing the right thing: For Startup, For enterprises and For Disruptive Technologies
Module 8: Agile at Scale
- The big picture
- The roles at scale
IT leaders, Architects, Program Management, Project Management, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Developers, and Testers, Business Analyst, UI/UX and other roles on the project will benefit from this workshop.
Participants are expected to have a basic understanding of Agile.
Format of Workshop
We focus on a 100% hands-on workshop with interactive dialogues, case studies, debates, demos, and instructional games