Malonus is an agile consulting and training company. Our strength is our decades of hands-on experience as practitioners coupled with high-end consulting. Our team has consulting experience from start-ups to fortune 50 companies.
ShriKant VashishthaAgile Consultant, Writer and Trainer
Avienaash ShiraligeAgile Coach, Trainer and Business Optimisation Consultant
Neeraj KumarAgile Technical Coach, Consultant
While working in a very large (entailing around 200 people overall) distributed waterfall project in 2006, it was quite usual to get into mess every now and then. As a result, in order to discuss the project issues, we used to have very long meetings within every 1-2 months. After spending a whole day or more, the result used to be a big excel-sheet of issues project had.
If I look back, nothing ever happened on those issues considering the enormity of the issues themselves.
I used to wonder if there is any better way to do the same work. That investigation led me towards Agile and I started implementing some of the Agile practices in that project. Results were brilliant and from that time onwards I never looked back.
While working as a coach, we evolved some new practices and patterns which have been very useful for distributed projects.
My idea of Agile is not limited to just software implementation only but focused on bringing holistic improvements in the whole software delivery cycle. During the last couple of years, I have been involved in Enterprise Agile Transformation for one of the largest banks in Western Australia. We implemented Scaled Agile Framework and applied lean principles for the whole IT delivery life-cycle starting from project idea inception to software deployment in production.
As a coach, I have been involved in coaching both technical and non-technical Agile teams. From the technical perspective, I specialize in conducting training and coaching sessions for Continuous Delivery, Agile Testing, TDD, DevOps, Continuous Integration and Distributed Agile practices. For non-technical groups, I focus on Lean principles, Kanban and Scrum methodology to come out with the best results.
I live in New Delhi region, India with my wife Shikha and two daughters Suhani and Kaakul. I also write on self-development, fiction and philosophy.
My corporate profile….
- 18+ years experience in the software industry with 6 years in technology leadership roles.
- Blogs on Agile, Scrum, XP and Agile Testing – Agile Buddha.
- Agile Consulting/Coaching for teams in Australia, USA, Hong Kong, Singapore, Netherlands and France.
- Published articles in online publications like javaworld.com and OnJava.com.
- Open Source contribution – http://github.com/vashishthask.
- Provided technical leadership to very large distributed software projects involving 120-200 people.
- Presented in Agile conferences like AgileIndia and AgileNCR on topics like Lean Startup, BDD/ATDD, Scaled Agile, Distributed Agile, Continuous Delivery, Extreme Programming, and Kanban.
- Acted as crisis-resolver for many Agile projects through Agile coaching, collaboration, and negotiations.
- Take a look at my LinkedIn profile here
In Agile, there is Rhythm, Honesty, Openness, Transparency, Trust, and Freedom to make my own decisions and to make mistakes and learn from it.
For me, Agile is a way of life. Hence companies where I talk to, consulted; I get only one BIG question, how I change my people mindset?
I live in Goa, India with my wife Rashmie and 2 daughters of 12 years and 4 years. Rashmie writes articles in the space of Creative and Natural learning for Kids. You can find her articles on her blog Mommy Labs. We un-school our daughter Parinita. You can find her writings on TinkerEarth.
I’m extremely worried and excited about education space. Hence we opted for not sending our kids to school. When I’m not working(which is a large part of my time), we are keen to explore/hands-on on Un-schooling, No Vaccinations, Raw Vegan, Animal Cruelty, Organic Farming, Natural Birthing, Food & Nutrition. You can find all our experiments on my wife’s blog. Check this post to see new chapters on our un-schooling journey.
My Corporate Profile….
- 18+ years experience in the industry with last 6 years in leadership roles in product and service companies
- Bootstrapping Teams/Business units from scratch.
- Agile Consulting/Coaching different teams in India, Australia, Europe & US and conducted Agile/Scrum Coaching workshops.
- Established vision-oriented high performance 100+ Distributed Scrum team.
- Strong experience in executing projects in Waterfall and Agile and have played different leadership roles in Consulting, Delivery, HR Strategy, Sales, and Marketing.
- Defined and implemented HR/Recruitment strategies for building an Agile company and to get the cream of the crop on-board
- Consumer Internet, E-Commerce (Go To Market strategy, User Acquisition, Monetize & Generate Revenue)
- Helping organizations gain a good foothold online, by devising online marketing, social media strategies, SEO etc.
- You can check more about me on my LinkedIn profile.
- 18+ years of experience in innovative product development with ownership of development activities from concept to design to final delivery and maintenance in a globally distributed environment
- Applied technology solution architect with expertise in middleware and application technology areas
- Experience in Enterprise Mobility, Cloud, A2A, B2B, Web Services, and SOA
- Extensively worked on XP and Scrum as well as conventional Waterfall SDLC model
- Was identified asTop Key Talent in Application Integration Architecture team atOracle
- Led a team at Oracle to deliver the first version of Oracle Mobile Cloud Service, delivered critical components: SOAP Connector, Analytics, Enterprise Manager Cloud Control, Android Client SDK
- Presented in multiple global summits and events
- Presented in “Oracle Application Users Group” conference at Denver, USA
- conducted hands-on-workshop at Oracle Application Users Group COLLABORATE 08conference in Denver, Colorado on April 2008
- Presented Oracle E-Business Suite Adapters for SOA Suite training for Genpact
- Created an open source projectServletUnit (https://sourceforge.net/projects/servletunit/) for unit testing purposes
- Conducted hands-on-workshops for teams/partners to coach/mentor/train them for various areas:
- Test Driven Development
- Pair Programming
- Design Patterns
- Scrum, XP,
- Application Integration Architecture
- SOA Best Practices
- Continuous Integration
B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from IIT-Kanpur (8.2/10 CPI) – 1999 batch
Your Partner in Agile Transformation
Malonus expertises in E2E agile transformation- from getting buy-in creating the roadmap to training to coaching on the ground. Our team has in-depth knowledge and experience in various agile frameworks.
Active in the Community
Malonus is also deeply involved in the agile community – to share knowledge, experience, and opportunities through several meet up groups, public workshops and online Slack group Agile Commune.
Our goal is to Demystify Agile, see and experience it in simple ways.
Hence our workshops are filled with real-life experiences, very interactive and sincere so that we get to touch each participant soul and mind.
When conducting these workshops, we focus on an organization’s specific needs, challenges and expertise level in Agile.
Explore the site and get to know us. Then, if you think we might be right for your organization lean/agile journey, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to help you get started or get better with agile.